~Educators act ethically and maintain the integrity, credibility and reputation of the profession~

Although standard two is expected without exception, it is important to acknowledge it as a professional who cares about the work environment that they exist within. During practicum 490, I made sure to always maintain a positive and professional demeanor, always interacting and communicating with my fellow co-workers and fellow teacher candidates in a pleasant and respectful manner. I made sure not to discuss the details of my students’ performance or private lives outside the walls of my classroom except with my coaching teacher. It is imperative that students can trust teachers to keep their sensitive and personal information private. I also kept my own personal life private and appropriate, only sharing relevant bits of information with my students to develop and maintain a relationship. Outside of the classroom and school, I made sure to represent not only PGSS and UNBC in a positive way, but the entire field of education by being kind, respectful, and a role model for teachers everywhere I went. Everyday I dressed appropriately and professionally, setting a good example for students, and presenting myself in a professional yet approachable way. I also made sure to keep any social media posting on Twitter extremely appropriate, positive, and relevant as to build my reputation as a teacher. I will continue to meet and exceed expectations for Standard 2 as I continue on to practicum 491.